Saturday, May 24, 2014

God Gives us Hard Things



I have been struggling with a lack of energy and pains from the end of pregnancy, lately. Which has been really difficult for me! Like a serious lack of energy.... I made breakfast, then had to take an hour nap! And pain that is not crippling, but no fun! (Hence why I'm writing most of this at 4:30 am). Tyler has been so awesome in stepping up and taking care of me and my responsibilities so I can take care of baby :) 
Not saying that what I am going through is the hardest thing ever, for some people the trail I'm facing would be no big deal. We each have our own challenges. Everyone has their own trials, things that are hard or sad.Things that make us take a deep breath and hold.......for a little while. But the challenges we do face make us stronger and better people if we let it.

I believe He gives us these to help us remember prayer. Remember him. At least thats how I feel for me. It seems like when times are good my prayers are shorter and have less effort. Yet in hard times I can hardly get by without a prayer every hour it seems! As I have taken the time to pray and ask Heavenly Father for his help, I have felt his help. My energy isn't back, but I've been taught to do the bare minimum. Laundry? Psshhh-who needs it?? Cooking? Noodles and Parmesan cheese do just fine. Clean house? Ahhh, not important. Hugging and loving my girls? Now that is EVERYTHING :)

This has been a good lesson for me! Because as I start overdoing it (like by trying to cook a breakfast other than cereal) my body slowly gives out and I start to get irratible..... And annoyed.......and ornery. It not pretty. Then who suffers? My little girls. They deserve my best. Not the eggs or potatoes. Who cares if they are evenly sliced or well cooked? Maybe Tyler.... But he hasn't said anything so far! ;) For my daughters, I feel they need me more than a well-made breakfast.
Even though I'm learning this lesson, it is still hard to let things go! (That kitchen table, it just needs to be cleared off!) I still have the expectations I place on myself. And satan is there, ready to jump on any weakness, and try's to make me feel inadequate at every turn. So it ment A LOT when I got a touching message from my Heavenly Father yesterday.
Tyler was out late with his brother and the girls were in bed. It had been good day energy wise and I had been able to do a few things around the house. When Tyler got home, he handed me a paper bag with a little note on it.



He said he felt inspired to pick up these few items for me. It hit me, hard. I could feel God's love for me. I could feel peace inside and a support and love. Just like how a father supports his daughter :) I felt the opposite of alone. I felt lifted and hugged! even though it was a great day in terms of high energy-low pain, God still wanted to show me He is mindful of me and loves me. It was so nice to receive something so physical/tangible. 

He loves me always. And you! Just close your eyes for a minute.........and feel His care and watchfulness over you. Always, His love is there. No matter our choices. Bad days and good! Even though I tend to be less aware on the good days, His love is still there. I could feel it in my heart as I looked at those simple $1-menu items. He knew just how to show me, in a way specific to me.

So in what ways does Heavenly Father show his love to you? Try to have open eyes and an open heart to feel his special messages just. for. you. :) it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. He really is aware of us, and I believe as long as we're open to it, we all have someone out there listening and being His hands in our lives.

    ReplyDelete