Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Over-thinking Thoughts

It's hard to know what to write (type)! I mean, I am in the middle of plenty of projects, but I just don't know HOW to say what I want to say. 
Will I sound too perfect? Too know-it-all? Too Miss got-it-together? Too simple? Too boring? Not funny enough? ...... You get my point.
But it's my blog! why should I be so concerned with what or how I write! when this is supposed to be an extension of me? Oh geez, my over-thinking thoughts.
I have kept thinking lately about my teenage years and all the dumb things I said or did. I think back to that one boyfriend I broke it off with after we dated only a week! and how I wore crazy earrings in high school and never really went to class my junior year. I have also been thinking about how I would sleep in until noon as a college student, as if it were a bad thing! Haha :) 

(Here I am as a single adult, with my favorite wire-guy earrings. These were my sleep till noon days :)

These thoughts start rolling on how I could or should have done better and been wiser. I think to myself, if only who I am now, could have delt with the situations back then. I wouldn't have lead that guy on so long, being so oblivious to his intentions. Instead I would have been able to be clear and save the guy from heartache. 
But I guess that's the point, huh. I am who I am now because of the decisions and choices I've made.mmistakes and all! I'm sure when I'm 40 I'll still be looking back wishing I could have been wiser. 
I will just try to make recompense for any mistakes in the past that might need it, and move on! What do you think? Want to try it with me?
Well, I have a 3 year old that keeps trying to touch the screen with her toes..... So I guess I better be done for today :) 

Any tips on being who you are without letting fear stop you?

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment