Friday, July 11, 2014

It is SOOOO Nice

It is so nice to feel so good! Physically, I mean :) 
I am literally back on my feet again after a good 2 months of being out-of-commission. 
I did 3 loads of laundry today (folded and somewhat put away), cooked 3 meals (that weren't just cereal or corn dogs), swept the kitchen, did the dishes, played with my girls, enjoyed little Todd, made cookies, and got dressed today! I know!!! It is SOOOOOO nice!
I say this not to brag or anything, because I am usually not so motivated or whatever the word is for getting a lot of things done quickly :) I say this to rejoice! 
To rejoice in health and happiness. To rejoice in the goodness of God in helping me through to the light at the end of the dark tunnel. Or in other words, to the chocolatey-goodness at the middle of the the tootsie-pop. :)

If you remember, I was having it rough at the end of my pregnancy with low energy (which I have now come to realize was anemia from low iron). I wrote about in my post in May titled God gives us hard things. I would link it here, but I'm not that good at this whole blogging thing yet :)
It was a hard time. I would feel barely able to get Rosie out of bed. And then I would feel way guilty for not being able to do more. And for having to ask so much help from Tyler who has work and a million other things to worry about. And guilty for not playing with Maybelline and Rosie as much as they wanted me to. Basically just a slurry of not good feelings! But I would pray. And pray. And cry a little (a lot). Then talk to Tyler and hug Maybelline and Rosie. I felt peace. I could feel myself changing for the better. Unimportant Little things didn't matter as much. I could enjoy the important little things more. Like Maybelline putting a piece of tape on her upper lip and singing chitty chitty bang bang, we love you! Or Rosie squealing in excitement over finding a piece of cotton. 
I hate to say it, but previously these sweet, funny moments would have been lost on me. I was too distracted to notice what Rosie was so excited about. And even annoyed at Maybelline for playing with the tape instead of using it for its practical use. 
But I'm glad to say these moments aren't lost on me now :) Heavenly Father has taught me an invaluable lesson that I would go through that hard time over and over to learn. Here is the gist of it:

Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the sweet spirits I am blessed to have around me. We don't have to be doing something fun (swimming, park, sidewalk chalk, etc) to connect and relish in each other. I just have to see them. See the shiny tape on her upper lip and recognize its funny :) then laugh! Laugh with her and see the sparkle in her eyes when she sees I am with her. REALLY with her. 

:) 

Best lesson learned ever. Or at least so far :) I have really felt my joy increase daily. Not just happiness, but true joy. I can tell as I lay down for bed at night, with a smile in my heart, that there is a good change in me. :)

I know that we go through hard things to become better. Just like the refiners fire, gold becomes more pure. I also know that there are a lot of tough things out there, but God knows you. He loves you. Just ask Him and you will feel it in your heart :) ask Him to help you through the hard times, and He will. Ask Him what you are to learn through your trial. It made it easier for me to have joy in my hard time, because I could see the silver lining :) 

I am greatful for that teaching time for me. And I am also grateful to have my health back again. It is SOOOOO nice! :) 

-jamie :) 

P.S. Since I don't really have any pictures that connect to this post, I'll just leave you with this cutie patootie!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad we are friends! I can so relate to your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete