Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sally sells seashells down by the seashore

We made an impromptu craft yesterday! 

I have been dying for some seashell jewelry ever since my sea shell necklace broke and got lost! 
My parents went on vacation to Oregon and I thought, perfect! Bring me back some seashells, mom!

And she did!



Super cute, only .25 cents, and I love it! ...just not quite what I was thinking :)

Then as I was feeding baby ( who is super gushable and doing great, by the way) I noticed this mobile my friend got for me from New Jersey.




Perfect!! Why didn't I think of it before?? So I removed one of the shells, tied it to some embroidery floss, and made a necklace! I don't know why, but it felt so good to wear it. Maybe it's like wearing yr favorite shirt/dress that makes you feel like a million bucks. I think this necklace is like that :) 




Maybelline must have noticed because when she saw it she said, oh! It's beautiful! Can you make one for me?
Well, of course I can :)
She picked her seashell from off the mobile, and I realized that we can't leave out Rosie! So I got a shell for her too. It really just took a minute to make both, and it has been so fun to be matching! Rosie's necklace comes on and off constantly, haha. So it alternates between my neck and hers when she wants it again :)




I think more crafting is in order! Next on the list- a sparkly, heart coloring book for Daddy for Fathers Day. (Since he didn't have the best Father's Day because I had just had baby Todd) but we will make up for it! Just don't tell him and ruin the surprise :)

Sparkly heart coloring book, here we come!

Jamie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment