Friday, October 10, 2014

The strange term of 'wearing your baby' applies here

Hey all! So I've been M.I.A. For a little while- I realize that. I just ..... (here comes the excuse....)
Ok, really, I have been going on Facebook ALLLL the time and haven't left time for my blog. 
There. 
I said it.
'Hi, I'm jamie. And I'm addicted to Facebook.'

Well, not anymore!!!!! Mwahahahahaha I am showing self control and will be doing priorities in order. In order, you hear me, Facebook!! You are very lowwwwww on the list- so it will be a while before we can rendezvous again. It's not you, it's me.

A-hem. 

I have a great simple Do It Yourself to show you today.


A baby wrap! And this lovely photo was taken by my awesome photographer that I keep on hand. 
And she's only three years old!
Granted, there were a lot of these...

But hey, I don't judge the work of a professional.

So basically, my neighbor has a baby wrap that she got at target for like $35. What? Cheap I know! But, that was still to pricey for my DIY mind. 
So I raided my moms fabric stash and found this pretty thaang. 

You can't really tell, but it a pretty mint green. And mint is allll the rage right now. Even though that has been in my moms fabric stash for probably some 20+ years :) 
It wasn't quite long enough so I cut it in half longways or hotdog way if you remember back to 4th grade. 
Then sewed it together!

I used two seams, one straight and one zig-zag. Just in case it starts to rip, then the zig-zag will keep baby safe and secure until I can resew it, if that might ever happen. But so far there has been zero sign of fabric ripping. This seam isn't going anywhere! :)


And neither is this cutie! It is sooo nice to have him so close and still have my hands free.

He likes to be faced out usually and faced in when he's tired. He actually fell asleep today on our walk while being wrapped!

I found this tutorial has been the most helpful :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wmJTWF1fM

Here's to better time management!
Jamie






No comments:

Post a Comment