Monday, October 27, 2014

An Entryway Gallery Wall

I have been kinda stumped lately of what to write about. 
Which is strange... Usually Tyler can't get me to stop talking about house projects, ideas, and all pretty things.
Yet here I am. Haha.
I think it's the typing. It takes for-ever. I think faster than I can talk, which leaves me stumbling over my words. And I talk faster than I can type. Sooooo basically I don't know how more than half-words make it onto the posts! Maybe because I proofread :)
I'm thinking of buying one of those apps where you just talk and the app types the words for you. That would make typing ALOT easier. Tyler has it on his phone for texting. Since I have used his phone a few times, I find myself giving up on a text on my own phone because it takes so much longer! Haha, I'm such a baby :) but seriously, my phone is an un-smart phone. . . . . I think I like it better that way. Then I feel like the smart one in the relationship. ;)

Anyway.

I am redoing this little wall in our front room/family room/foyer/only room other than the kitchen.

And if you look closely, then you can see the farm animal magnets on the door. :) they are a favorite around these parts.
I wanted the pictures and things to have a frame, and I wanted a mirror so I can wipe the mascara left from yesterday off from under my eyes before I rushed out the door to preschool. :) 
I have another mirror I was using for this important task, but Tyler built stairs in the way....

Gotta love that handyman :) 

So I collected some mirrors and frames (yard sales, di, friends and family) 
At first I was afraid I wouldn't get enough, but now I have too many!! It's amazing, really.

I laid them all out on the couch so I could see all the possibilities. (Good thing Tyler wasn't home. He has a hard time with the messy part of projects!)

I quickly cut out or folded a piece of paper for each frame and mirror. And I mean quickly. No time to waste on something like that!
Then I even more quickly taped them up on the wall.

I rearranged and slightly scooted until I liked the arrangement. 

Then I got these babies at walmart...

Velcro command strips! They were kinda pricy. $9 for 12. But they are great for someone like me who never levels pictures. :)
Now I have slowly started replacing the paper with the corresponding picture/frame. And I mean slowly. It's been a week since I put up the papers and this is how far I am :)

:) but I like it so far!! And I wanted a mirror the girls could look into and make faces. 
Check and check. I love seeing them double take at themselves in the mirror. Then walk over to it and proceed to make the cutest faces to themselves. Man, little kids are the best!!!! They don't hold any part of themselves back, but are just open and honest. I honestly have an easier time talking to children than adults.... I know they won't judge me! :)
Love,
Jamie




No comments:

Post a Comment