Friday, November 7, 2014

Update on Chairs and Gallery Wall


Just wanted to give an update on these chairs (oh, these chairs) and the gallery wall I've been working on.
So, if you haven't noticed- I like to jump from project to project and from idea to idea.... :)
these chairs have kind of been a headache. not because they've been hard but because I put them in my front room,and now they're just staring at me.
 mocking me.
 Because I haven't finished them yet after all this time! 
 Oh, don't you worry chairs, you'll get finished and you won't know what hit you! 
 I got ready and motivated to again tackle these chairs.
 And THEN! .....I saw..... my two-year-old daughter ...... with a permanent marker ......
  



I know, I know. I shouldn't have let the marker in reach. 
But it was actually a blessing in disguise! Because I needed to recover the seats anyways. Let's just say, my first time job of covering the seats wasn't the most professional looking job. 
 
 The old covering is on the left and my new covering is on the right. You can tell the folding looks a lot more smooth.
 Here is a look at the bottom of the new covering. You can see that it covers the entire board instead of just partly covering. That way it won't hang underneath the chair.
 
  It was a lot faster and easier to recover it the second time. I wonder if it's because everything was already held tightly together or because I'm just that much better at it. :)
 So I decided what my plan is with the rest of the chairs. I think i will recover the top part with batting and fabric. Because it's just not as soft without some sort of covering. And we NEE D soft and comfy. otherwise no one will sit in it! And that kind of defeats the purpose a chair....if no one will sit in it.... ( Other than obliging strangers that won't tell you that there's wood sticking into their back! Haha)
 Next up is the Gallery wall I'm working on. I have a few more pictures put up. Buuuut it's just not done yet. It's getting close. I just have a few more to put up. Here's what it looks like now. 

 And here's all the other random things I'm working on:



these two rocking chairs are on my hit list. I also recently restored (I guess restored is the fancy way of saying it-but really just painted) an old window shutter that my neighbor didn't want. I'll be posting about that next week. As you can see my mind goes everywhere at once and I have lots of projects and ideas that I just can't wait to accomplish. so hopefully my husband will be able to keep me in line and only work on one or two at a time instead of eight or 10 ! Haha! :)
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment