Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A pretty little project

I have this little windowsill...... 

It needs a little love....
The mint plant in the black container on the left was a sad loss. Especially since the lady I bought it from said it was like a weed and grows like crazy. Hmmmmmm. I guess it had the opposite effect with me :(
 But hey! Trial and error- right??? 
The pot in the middle is empty and the one on the right are green onions. They are just ones from the grocery store and I put the ends in water. Not even in dirt! And they live!!! :) now that's my kind of plant.
Anyway, this corner has been bugging me. I can't open that drawer on the right without hitting the in-a-better-place-mint plant, and the mis-matched pots are visually distracting (aka: clutter)
So I bought these:
Candles holders from the $1 store :) 
They needed some pizzaz - something sparkly...

So I taped them up in preparation for some spray paint :) 
The easiest way was to stretch out the packaging tape ( since I couldn't find the painters tape) 
And stick a plastic bag halfway onto the tape. Like so:
And THEN to tape it around the candle holder.
My plan was to do something kinda like this

(Via: liitlegreennotebook.com)
Like Jenny Komenda did for her vanity. :) soooo pretty, right??

So I painted mine.


Outside, of course :)
I left them outside in the cold which was actually a blessing!!
It must have frozen the packing tape which made it SUPER east to pull off without any of the sticky left behind.
YAY for procrastination! Lol.

Pretty!!
But it doesn't shine through the glass like I was shooting for...
But with some dirt and plants I think it will still look beautiful :)

I'll get to planting tomorrow :)
I'm also excited to enter into an art competition that Provo Library is hosting. I'm just not sure what to paint. And WHEN to paint it.....
Because painting is hard to focus on when I have 3 cuties (4, counting Tyler) that want my love and attention! 
You know, sometimes I wish I could be one of those people that can follow a schedule. Every. Day.
The SAME schedule.
 Because I don't think waking, eating, and sleeping really counts as a schedule.... :)
Hmmm what would it be like to have consistency? 
Or to actually be on time to things. Wow! That would be ah-mazing!!!
One Sunday I made a goal to be on time that week. And guess what- I made it to something on time the week after- ha! :) 
If you can do either of these things (follow or schedule, or be on time) then pleeeeease.....

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS!! :D

Please tell me how you do what you do :) because if I don't work on this now- man. Let's just say kindergarten will be rough next year! Unless I teach maybelline how to set an alarm, get dressed, eat breakfast, and get on the bus all by herself.....

Love you all!!
Jamie







No comments:

Post a Comment