Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Diet gone Crazy

                                                                      {source} So this is Ellie. Jamie's amazing sister. jk. I am going to be writing on this blog too about my way to my goal weight. I have been on a 70% raw diet since the middle of Janurary. I have lost 23 lbs so far. It has been hard but good. I eat fruit in the morning, snack on more fruit or nuts, salad with some awesome homemade salad dressings for lunch, snack with some raw treats, or more fruit, then a steamed veggie, salad, and maybe some meat or pasta for dinner. My husband calls me a rabbit because I eat so many fruit and vegies. My fridge now looks like the produce department, and I have everyone in my house eating more fruits and veggies. When I was first taught this way of eating by Cythina Sumner, an amazing nutritionist, I thought it was crazy. Who could just eat fruit in the morning for breakfast??? How is that filling??? Well let me tell you that it has been amazing!!!! I have so much engery, sleep better, have a better attitude, and have been getting full faster. Plus fitting into my clothes better is a nice side effect. Anyway, so I just want to put how my eating has been and my work out I did and how I feel on here. I might just post some recipes too.
   Today I had
Breakfast: Green smoothie, some homemade granola, plus a couple of strawberries.
Lunch: salad with tomatoes, broccoli, and avacado.
Snack: two cutie oranges.

I also worked out at home for 30 minutes doing the P90X, Kenpo. It is fun but now my arms are sore. lol.

Well here is my recipe for the day:

Green Smoothie:
These are so good for you and they load your body full of the mirco nutrients that your body needs. It is always my go to for a pick me up if I am feeling sluggish or feel like I am starting to get sick.

2 cups of water
3-4 cups of spinach (or any leafy green. I like spinach because you can't taste it as much)
1 banana
1 cup of frozen strawberries
a little bit of honey (optional)
some ice cubes

Blend all together until smooth.
I have used kale in it but the taste is a little bitter. Raspberry leaves are so good too but expensive. I haven't experimented a whole lot but I would NOT do cucumber with almond milk. I tried that and it was NASTY!

Thats it for me
Peace out


No comments:

Post a Comment