Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Stomach pains and apples

So yesterday was pretty horrible. I got the stomach flu thing that my son got. I didn't throw up at all but I also didn't have any desire to eat anything because my stomach hurt so bad. So yesterday I ate two bananas and that was about it. My husband didn't feel good either but still made dinner for the kids which was spaghetti o's and grilled cheese sandwiches which isn't the best meal but I didn't eat anything and I didn't have to cook so I can't complain. So now I am 3 pounds lighter since Thursday thanks to a day of no eating. I am sure I will gain some of that back. So now I don't have anything really to put down of what I ate yesterday. What I have really been craving is something deep fried or covered in sugar, which brings me to my healthy recipe of the day, Peanut Butter Caramel Dip. I love to eat this when I am craving something sweet and fattening, and it takes about 5 minutes to make which is awesome!!!



Peanut Butter Caramel Dip:

1/2 c All natural peanut butter with no sugar added. (I buy the Adam's brand)
up to 1/4 c pure maple syrup
2 heaping T ground flax seeds
1 apple sliced

Put first 3 ingredients into a bowl and mix together until combined. Start with 2 T of maple syrup and add a little bit at a time until the sweetness is to your liking.
Cut up apple and dip into caramel. This is the best ever! I make double the batch and put the rest in the refrigerator in some tuber-ware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment