Tuesday, August 5, 2014

How to help a fever

Now, I'm not a doctor, and to avoid being sued- please consult a doctor before trying any of thee home remedies. Who knows! You might be allergic to lemons! 

My hubby has had a bad fever the past few days. Like 102. Poor thing. And I finally broke my fever last night. Let's just say both of us  being sick with three kids is a little challenging! But the kids aren't sick- so it could be worse :) *knock on wood*

Tyler and I were discussing what fevers do. And it is your body trying to kill the bacteria/virus by raising the temperature. So we decided to not give him Tylenol as long as his temp is under 102 so that his body can actually raise the temperature to kill those naughty germs :) 

So without medicine we have been doing a few other things to help the aches and pains of a fever.
First up: 
A Hot Lemon Bath. Oooooo. Doesn't that sound nice!! Fever or not- sign me up :)
The heat and lemon is supposed to help you sweat out the toxins that your body is trying to get rid of.
And plus it feels so nice when you feel continually cold during a fever!

And for some reason I feel nauseous during a fever. Hmmm. Don't ask my why. Anyone else have that?
To help with that I use the B.R.A.T diet :)

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast!

They are easy to eat on an upset tummy and help you get the nutrients you need while you're sick.

We are also doing lots of fluids, prayers, and rest.
Oh yeah! Sleep!! How could I forget??
I feel like sleep is pretty much the #1 way to get better.
 (Unless you're like me and have a newborn/husband/2littlegirls to take care of and you are woken up every hour of the night, ha!)

Any other tips out there that help you feel better when you're sick? 

Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment