Friday, August 22, 2014

Chair Progress


So here is a recap of what I've started with


Not a super pretty sight, but there is potential!!

Tyler helped me staple the chairs together. I tried on my own, but it definitely wasn't as easy or pretty without him.
He stapled while i tugged on the fabric. We started by getting the middle of each side.

We did it in a pattern of north, south, east, west. Then tackled the corners. Those were a bit more tricky, but we did it. Not the most smooth or fancy looking- but hey! This was my first time! :)


Not too bad, eh?

Next I got to work on the back rest if the chairs. I saw a bit of vinyl fabric peaking through the gold. 
Here is a little good news, bad news. Which do you want first? 
Well, you actually don't have a choice, haha :)
Good news: So I cut the gold fabric away to find this gorgeous retro fabric underneath! Score!mi wasn't worried about the yellowing because the sun can bleach that out in a hot minute. .....



Bad news: I left these chairs outside for too long, so the whole inside is molded. I can't salvage the pretty fabric :(

I apologize for your lunch being ruined... Gross, huh!

So that's as far as I've gotten on these chairs so far. I'm not quite sure how to replace the fabric on the top with the green fabric I have. Any tips? But I'm sure I'll figure something out :)

Moral of the story: don't procrastinate and leave your pretty chairs out in the elements for 6 or so months.... :)
Jamie 



No comments:

Post a Comment