Thursday, August 14, 2014

No pretty pictures

So I have not written a post for a while because  I don't have any pictures to accompany them!
Then I realized that pictures don't constitute a blog post..... Words do.
Actually, I JUST realized that as I was typing it. Hmmmm....'words do.' That is liberating!

Back to the first train of thought I was on. (Do you ever think 2 things at once? I totally do and my poor hubby has to try to keep up :)
....first train of thought....what was it? Oh yeah!!!! 
We had a girls night. :) it was so fun! Todd was included, but we still called it a girls night. I guess girls +1cutebabyboy night, haha.
Tyler decided to spend the evening with his brother playing Starcraft, yay for them! It is nice to do something like that every once in a while. And nice for me to stay home :) So I planned some girl (+1cutebabyboy) time. 
I ran to the neighbors and borrowed Frozen since it is a favorite of every little girl, I'm sure. Maybelline was singing the 'let it go' song after only seeing the movie once! And the movie was still fun to watch since we have only seen it a handful of times. No repeating-every-line-since-you-have-seen-it-a-ridiculous-amount-of-times going on here! 
They (and I) were SOOOO excited! I got the laptop ready in their room and started the movie. There were a few technical difficulties, and slight frustration but I calmed down and got it working :) when it started, squeals commenced....from all of us girls, haha. then we paused the beginning of the movie and said a prayer to thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity to have time together :)
Then.....I got a wild hair in me.....and pulled out....
CHOCOLATE!! at 10pm too!! Haha
Those girls loved it. I gushed on baby Todd until he fell asleep about 9:30 ish and we finished the movie together, 
It was so nice. I think the what made it nice was mostly MY attitude. I had thought about it and gotten excited. That excitement passed onto my girls, and we were able to enjoy it as the precious time it was. 
Just a movie and chocolate. But really, it was time with my 3 favorite cuties in a loving setting.
I'm so grateful for the time with them *looks heavenward*
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment