Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gotta catch them all...... Neon green!!


So that post title doesn't make a whole lot of sense... Unless you watched Pokemon everyday after school, 3rd grade and beyond. Then it makes perfect sense!! No wonder why we're the best of friends ;)

So the chairs are on hold while I dream and think. But that doesn't stop me from doing!

Our dryer started making a funny noise, so I stopped using for fear of something exploding. Which, when heat is involved is totally plausible, right??? Yeah.... Tyler didn't think so either :)
Well, when our laundry got so backed up (like Tyler having to borrow my teeny ankle socks haha!!) I finally decided to investigate the dryer noise. Thank heaven it was only the dryer hose/vent thing that had come off! And I really mean thank heaven :) but thinking about it, I haven't actually prayed and thanked Him. Better do that :)

So in order to hook it back in we had to take out the crazy MESS of stuff that was piled in and around our washer and dryer. This got my organizational gears t-u-r-n-ing. (It was always turning since the world was burning!)

So I convinced (or more puppy-dog-eye asked, ever so sweetly) for Tyler to move the washer dryer to the right side of our little laundry nook. Here's what it looked like after that:


Hot mess, I know. But it will make for all that better of a before photo! :)
So I knew I needed some color in order to WANT to keep it clean. Crazy idea, I know :)
I have some old paint I got for free off of ksl. One of the colors was......
Can you guess it?

....

hint: think of the post title....


....


Here's another hint:



Neon green!! You guessed it! And with only 2 hints too ;)
I only got a little bit done because it was preeeeetty tight. I didn't move the washer/dryer, I just squeeeeeeeezed into that crack on the left. :) 
And I only barely painted behind the dryer, because let's be honest, the only time we will see that is to move the washer dryer out once every few years to get what has fallen behind it. :)
Here is an angle to show that you can't even see behind the washer dryer :)


And this wall, guys....


It has big plans. BIG plans :)

I mean, we are talking hooks upon hooks for hang drying, floor space for bulk foods, shelving for pantry items. .... I could have a somewhat-pantry?! Glorious! I'm so excited. These are the shelves to be installed


They need a little love too. But what doesn't?? 
Love you all!!!!!!
Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment