Thursday, September 11, 2014

Update 3. How can 2 chairs be so difficult??

Hey there! 
Here's the update :)
I stapled and glued the chair back together. Then gave it a good sanding. Now it's not so splinter-inducing. :)

Then I put on a tung-oil product I found in our shed. :) free is great, people! Use what you have!


I only have one issue with this now. Where the wood molded (it's baked in the sun and is no longer moldy) it has shown through! 
I put the backs on again.

My heart just doesn't skip a beat.....
I'm picturing a wood seat, and it's just not WOW yet. Ya know? 
My mom suggested putting the green fabric behind the backrest so the wood could still show and it would tie in with the current green coushins.
Other ideas were to put a wood seat and stain it with a geometric pattern- love! Or to add wood along the sides. :) 
Thanks so much for all of your ideas and support! 
Maybe I'm just making too much of a big deal about it. I just need to come up with a new vision in my head with the wood backs :)
Wish me luck!

On a side note, I have been thinking of doing like a 2-week-fashion-boot-camp on the blog. Where for two weeks there will be inspiration and ideas to help take back time for yourself! Like 2- minute, no fuss hair ideas (they exist,  trust me :) and ways to make your wardrobe fuss free (throw it on, and feel great). Because it seems to me that there are people out there that don't realize how easy it is to look and feel great! I feel like i finally have style, ease, and 'feel prettiness' more than I ever have in my life! So I want to share! 
So PLEASE tell me what you would like to learn about in the comments below! :) I want to cover things that will actually help and make a difference. And what matter to YOU! :)
Love
Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment