Monday, September 8, 2014

Something stolen- what I did next

Hey guys. 
Sorry no chair update for you today. The wood backs are literally falling apart and off the chair- so I've put my work on hold until Tyler can help me make them sturdy again. He is a-mazing at that type of thing. I am usually reminding him that the nail in the wall for a picture frame does NOT need to hold an elephant. But he usually makes it about that sturdy :) love that guy.

But I do want to share something on my mind. 
On Saturday night someone stole something off my porch. :(
Which, for anyone outside of Happy Valley, would not be very I shocked at this. 
Me, not so much. I was shocked.
It was a vintage little suitcase that sat next to our door on a little table. It housed all of my jewelry making supplies (with a tiny house, you get creative with storage).
The funny thing is- that when I first put it out there, Tyler warned me not to, because it might get stolen. But it was just SO cute out there and the perfect size! Plus I had faith that people wouldn't take something that wasn't theirs. it's not really worth anything, anyway!
Well. I was wrong. Tyler was dead on. 

It really bothered me most of Sunday morning. I'm sensitive when it comes to people being mean to each other. Like, I feel it in my g-u-t. It really upsets me when my chickens aren't nice to each other! I even got rid of 2 perfectly good, laying hens because they weren't nice to the third chicken! 
Because, really, is it THAT hard to be nice to someone? No. It doesn't cost a penny.
In fact, it reminds me of this video:

So I expect it out of myself and others to be kind! I guess that's why it bothered me so much when I realized the suitcase was taken. (Sorry it's gone grandma! But I still have the other one!)

Well, this circumstance has not ruined my faith in the goodness of people. So here is what I did:



It's only been one day. But I am praying that I'll be able to track down that little suitcase :) and I'll start praying for the person that took it. That they can come out of whatever desperation caused them to take it. Can you pray for them too? I'm sure they need the prayers :)

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that happened! That was a really cute suitcase. I will pray for you and the person who stole it.

    ReplyDelete